Champaign Schools Future Facilities
Following an eight-year discussion and two-year intensive planning process, the Unit 4 Board of Education voted to place a question on the November 4 ballot to fund the construction of a new Central High School and an expansion and extensive renovation of the current Centennial High School.
The two projects, totaling $149 million, would address the District’s pressing capacity needs while providing 21st Century learning spaces for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs, computer science, innovation and entrepreneurship, the arts and music, early childhood programs, and project-based learning.
The conversation about where to build a new Central High School has been ongoing since 2006, and in the past two years the District has worked to engage the community on this topic. Here you will find information about the Planning and Programming Process, the New Central Site Selection Process, Community Engagement Efforts, and Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have specific questions or feedback, please feel free to contact Community Relations Coordinator Stephanie Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your thoughts with our Board of Education at email@example.com.
Stay informed and check back frequently for updates!
Future Facilities News
- Community Lunch & Info Session - October 19
- Unit 4 to Host Public Information Nights on High School Projects
- Updated: Referendum Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- League of Women Voters - Referendum Information
- Career and Technical Education at a New Central and Renovated Centennial
- Central High School Early Dismissal - September 5, 2014
- Champaign Schools Alumni Video
- High School Tours - Starting September 2
- Central High School Only - Early Dismissal Tomorrow, August 26, 2014
- Central High School Early Dismissal - August 25, 2014
- Early Dismissal at Central High School - Tomorrow, August 22, 2014
- Unit 4 and EDC to Co-Host Twitter Chat on High School Referendum
- Central & Centennial Projects to Appear on November 4 Ballot
- Board of Education to Move Forward With Interstate Drive Site, Hears Updates on High School Educational Vision
- Updated: High School Facilities Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (July 8, 2014)
- Champaign School Board Discusses Updates on High School Facilities Process
- Champaign Schools Presents Possible High School Layout at Spalding Park
- Champaign Board of Education Discusses Space Needs for Growing Student Population
- Champaign Schools to Host Public Meeting for Residents in Spalding Park Neighborhood
- Champaign Schools to Host Community Meeting