Champaign Schools Future Facilities
At the January 12, 2015, meeting the Board of Education voted unanimously the place the following proposal on the April 7, 2015.
The estimated tax impact of the proposed plan is as follows:
The conversation about where to build a new Central High School has been ongoing since 2006, and in the past two years the District has worked to engage the community on this topic. Here you will find information about the Planning and Programming Process, the New Central Site Selection Process, Community Engagement Efforts, and Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have specific questions or feedback, please feel free to contact Community Relations Coordinator Stephanie Stuart at email@example.com or share your thoughts with our Board of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay informed and check back frequently for updates!
Future Facilities News
- Referendum School Tours Starting March 3
- Board of Education Votes to Place New Referendum on April Ballot
- Community Lunch & Info Session - October 19
- Unit 4 to Host Public Information Nights on High School Projects
- Updated: Referendum Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- League of Women Voters - Referendum Information
- Career and Technical Education at a New Central and Renovated Centennial
- Central High School Early Dismissal - September 5, 2014
- Champaign Schools Alumni Video
- High School Tours - Starting September 2
- Central High School Only - Early Dismissal Tomorrow, August 26, 2014
- Central High School Early Dismissal - August 25, 2014
- Early Dismissal at Central High School - Tomorrow, August 22, 2014
- Unit 4 and EDC to Co-Host Twitter Chat on High School Referendum
- Central & Centennial Projects to Appear on November 4 Ballot
- Board of Education to Move Forward With Interstate Drive Site, Hears Updates on High School Educational Vision
- Updated: High School Facilities Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (July 8, 2014)
- Champaign School Board Discusses Updates on High School Facilities Process
- Champaign Schools Presents Possible High School Layout at Spalding Park
- Champaign Board of Education Discusses Space Needs for Growing Student Population